Vegan Banana Bread Pt.2
We mentioned not long ago that Banana Bread is possibly one of the most re-created recipes amongst the foodie realms… it is after all, where all over-ripened bananas are laid to rest. RIP spotty bananas. We created not one, but TWO awesome banana bread recipes back then, check that blogpost out here.
Now, months later and with some overly spotty bananas in hand, we decided to make some more. Except this time with a recipe upgrade:
VEGAN BANANA BREAD
Banana bread made with sparkling water?!! YUP!! We wondered if the recipe would work with sparkling water as we originally tried it with Coke Zero and it worked perfectly. Our curious selves had to try it out, and we are SO glad we did!
- 3 Cups (Gluten-Free) Ground Rolled Oats
0.5 Cup Granulated Sweetener of choice
1 Tbsp Xanthan
1 Cup Soya/ Coconut Yoghurt*
1 Scoop Pea Protein Isolate**
1 Scoop Vanilla Soy Protein
2 Mashed Bananas
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Agave Nectar (add more if you prefer a little sweeter)
400ml Sparkling Water
1 Tbsp Cinnamon (optional)
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Cider Vinegar
Handful Dairy-Free Choc Chips (optional)
- If you don’t have this, substitute with applesauce.
- If you want to omit this or don’t have this ingredient, try adding a little bit more flour instead.
You will also need a metal loaf pan, not the silicone one.
- Preheat oven to 170 Degrees C.
- In a bowl mix together all your dry ingredients until combined. Then, fold in your wet ingredients until you get a thick batter.
- Prepare a greaseproof baking sheet in your loaf pan then pour mix into it.
- Bake for 30-40mins (until knife comes out clean when piercing it).
- Leave to cool completely before slicing.
- Then slice up and enjoy solo or with your fave nut butter!
Nutritional Info (per slice of 16): 121 Cals | 1.9F | 20.4C | 6.3P
Free from Gluten, Wheat, Sugar, Dairy, & Egg.
Don’t forget to tag us if you try any of these recipes, you can find us on all social media outlets @themusclebakery
For 15% discount on Bulkpowders use code: MUSCLEBAKERY15
HAPPY (BANANA BREAD) BAKING!