Worth it for the smell of roasted red peppers in your kitchen, aside from the fact that it tastes amazing ofc.
I was craving a huge salad and by huge i mean the kind where you add everything except the neighbours cat. Tired of plain ol vinegar and equipped with some fresh red peppers, i decided to make my own dressing.
Heres what I did:
2 large red bell peppers
1.5 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 Chopped onion + 1 tbsp frozen garlic – sautéed
1 Tbsp agave nectar
1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
Salt & Pepper to taste
You will also need a handheld blender/ food processor
First you will need to roast your peppers:
1. Slice them in half and place face down on a lined baking tray.
2. Spray or spread 1/2 tbsp olive oil over them.
3. Bake @ 200 degrees C for 20 minutes until softened.
4. Place on a plate and cover with a bowl, so the peppers can ‘sweat’ for 15 minutes. Alternatively, you can put in a bowl and cover with a plate. This process is done so that you can easily peel the skin off the peppers.
5. Remove skin and place into your blender jug.
Add all the remaining ingredients and blend until everything is combined.
Voila, done. Pour over your salad and enjoy 🙂
Or you can try my Healthified Caesar Sauce instead, its super yummy too!
Hope you like this recipe, don’t forget to follow the blog and receive these posts directly to you inbox OR follow on instagram for recipes, tips and nonsense.